[LAU] M-Audio Audiophile 2496 on modern Ubuntu

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 21:25:07 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin at linuxuse.de>wrote:

> And it always worked flawlessly with jack. Once limits.conf was set of
> course. That Ubuntu*Studio* does not configure limits.conf out of the
> box is another story...
>
> best regs
>
> HZN

Interesting you mention this as I recently ran across a LAU mail that
suggests it will set automatically by JACK in
/etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf and editing /etc/security/limits.conf will
therefore be unnecessary.

The LAU list seems to be having some trouble right now but I found it in
another archive...
http://www.pubbs.net/linuxaudio/201003/9816/

I haven't testing it yet so I can't confirm or refute anything at this
point, but it seems to be an interesting development.

ScottL