Ardour and Funding

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 07:58:33 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Kiernan Holland <rofthorax at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ton is very friendly, and I'm sure if the developer of Ardour, Paul Davis
> approached Ton, Ton might be able to give some help/suggestions.
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Kiernan Holland <rofthorax at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> You know something that blender really sucks at.. The mixing of sound for
>> movies in it's sequence editor (which fairly close to being a complete
>> non-destructive movie editor). Now if Ardour was made to work in blender,
>> I'm sure Ardour could find some funding, and may even find developers to
>> make cross platform compatibility possible, which would attract more funding
>> (possibly attract more people to the linux platform, especially if people
>> like ardour but need to fix latency problems that exist in windows).

Hi Kiernan,

I understand your enthusiasm for Ardour and Blender but it's very
frustrating to open my inbox to five new e-mails in a row from you.  Would
you be able to try keeping it to one reply at a time?  Thanks.

A couple thoughts though:
 - Please bottom post (where the response goes under the original message)
on this mailing list, it makes it easier to follow converations.
 - This list probably isn't the best place to request Ardour features.  The
best place for that would be through the Ardour
website/mailinglist/forums/etc...

Oh, looks like I have another e-mail from you... off I go to read.
Please don't take offense, I mean these suggestions in a very polite manner,
and I hope that you continue to keep this list full of active conversation -
just in a more orderly fashion if possible.

Thanks.
-Eric