Laptop and sound card for ubuntu studio

Kiernan Holland rofthorax at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 22:45:24 BST 2009

> I would not compare this interrupts file with a more modern machine.  A
> lot has changed in the years since the P4, and for the better.  Netburst
> is dead, hurray.  The PIC has been replaced by the APIC.  If you care
> look them up in wikipedia, the point is that a modern machine will not
> look like the above, and this is not only to be expected, but is a good
> thing.

So PIC is not suitable for Ubuntu Studio.. I read in the wikipedia that it
is not suitable for pre-emptive multitasking, wow it took them this long to
get something the Amiga's had back in the 80s (??).  APIC seems to be the
better choice. It says it supports more hardware interrupts and more
scheduling policies.

I wonder if my Dimension 9150 has APIC.. I guess it should it has a dual
core processor on it..