looking for virtual instruments and midi-sequencer

mentoj_dija at gmx.de mentoj_dija at gmx.de
Wed Sep 30 20:48:56 BST 2009

Hi community,

A friend of mine asked me for help with her audio-pc.  Its a very strong machine with a big midi-keyboard. windows was not her thing (to laggy...). Ubuntu studio was my tip. She just want to switch on the computer, choose an instrument and record the music in 2 or 3 channels.

Well, i'm able to help with ardour and jack, but i have no idea about virtual instruments (its because i produce with hardware and just need a pc for recording).  and i cant find an easy to use programm with a good piano-sound. can somebody help me with this?

second question: which app is good to record midi-signals? i think rosegarden is to heavy.

third question: should we wait for the next ubuntu version? jaunty was not very stable on my machine (already patched).

thanks and greetings from germany

matze