Recording with M-Audio Delta 66

Mark Stuart Burge mark at msbrepairs.com
Mon Sep 21 14:44:36 BST 2009

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:02:48 +0200
Michael Neumeier <dennismail at gmx.net> wrote:
> Ardour? I know that I have to use Jack and this is running, but to
> tell the truth: I cannot really see the point in how to connect the
> signal to a track in Ardour. I created a track in Ardour called
> "Bass", but no matter what I connected, I could not even get a in
> signal in the mixer of Ardour - so the next steps would be:
>
> 1. Get the signal into the "Bass" track of Ardour
> 2. Connect the Outputs of the "Bass" track of Ardour to the Output 1
> of the Break-Out-Box.

You want to open qjackctl and click on 'connections'

Then you need to make sure you have the following (select one from the
left and one from the right and then 'connect' or 'disconnect' to get
it right)

Delta66 Input 2 (check name) ---- Ardour Track1 In (Bass)
Ardour Track1 Out (Bass) ----  Aurdour Master In
Ardour Master Out ----- Delta66 Output1

You could as you stated connect the output of the track straight to the
sound card output, but if you end up multi-tracking then you will
benefit from having a mixed output you can control from ardour's mixer
and automation.

Also,

If you have multiple sound cards active in your setup, make sure that
jack is using the correct sound cards for its inputs and outputs.