Jack Crashes With "Bus Error"

Kenneth Koym koymkg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:23:13 GMT 2009

James:
   Can't answer your question directly but I have an operating ubuntu studio
9.10 w/o sound. I mention this as a possible work around that may be of use
to you. Study it.
   my ubuntu-studio 9.10 amounts to an update of ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty which
became ubuntu studio 9.04 by first opening terminal> & writing in

   1.

   sudo aptitude search ubuntu studio AMD 64
   2.

   sudo aptitude install ubuntu studio AMD 64 followed by
   3.

   Yes continue

  Then, to get what appears to be a safe working results I secondly opened
terminal and wrote in

#!/bin/sh

gksudo "aptitude -y install ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins
ubuntustudio-controls ubuntustudio-default-settings ubuntustudio-desktop
ubuntustudio-gdm-theme ubuntustudio-icon-theme ubuntustudio-graphics
ubuntustudio-look ubuntustudio-menu ubuntustudio-screensaver
ubuntustudio-sounds ubuntustudio-theme ubuntustudio-video
ubuntustudio-wallpapers usplash-theme-ubuntustudio linux-rt
linux-restricted-modules-rt linux-image-rt linux-headers-rt";

By giving my password appropriately, powering down and rebooting, I had
ubuntu-studio 9.04, which when updated with ubuntu 910, I had an OS that
boots up without problems with exception of having no sound at the moment.

Being a bit challenged I haven't done the work around needed to
    1) Perfect the sound issue or load skype etc. or,
    2) burn the 1.2 gig .iso sitting on my desktop.
If I can break loose some time, I'd like to see the light of day on ripping
and posting somethings that need produceing copy now on my Sony camcorder
   Hope the two work around methods may give you an idea how to proceed
 keep at it James!