jack + alsa + m-audio fasttrack

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:21:16 GMT 2009

Hi.
Apparently, the problem is the alsa driver for your card.
check this websites
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-MAudio

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/M-Audio_FastTrack_Pro

This websites, say that there is a patch for the driver to suport the
device. maybe you will need to patch de driver and compile it again.

look at it, and if you have some problems come again.

The best

2009/11/18 Heiko Kokemoor <getting.lists at googlemail.com>

> hi,
>
> I try to use a m-audio fasttrack pro with jack. I want to use the 2
> inputs and the 4 outputs at the same time.
>
> actually I have only been able to start jackd with 2 outputs and nothing
> else.
>
> attempt with 2 in and 2 out
> alsa switches automatically to playback-mode (no duplex)
> sound is good
>
> attempt with 2 in and 4 out
> alsa complains: not able to switch to 4-channel
> alsa is not starting
>
> I am using the standart debian-kernel 2.6.26 without RT.
>
> heiko

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro