digital crossover and equalizer hifi setup

Heiko Kokemoor getting.lists at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:34:17 GMT 2009

> You will need hardware with two stereo DAC outputs if you want to
> implement this, and jack needs to be configured to see them.

one good news, I had been able to connect amarok to jackd. :-) (two
channel output)

and here I am: configuring jack

cat /proc/asound/cards shows me my card,
FastTrack Pro

in the setup in qjackctl I can choose this card, but only with 2 ins and
2 outs, otherwise jackd will not even start.
alsa seems not even to accept the 2 ins, a message says:

ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for capture. Falling back to
playback-only mode

I tried 4 channel playback without inputs, jackd will not start (ALSA:
cannot set channel count to 4 for playback)

under Windows I had been able to use 4 channel output (ASIO), so it must
be my fault at some point.

any sugestions?

heiko