More File Sytem errors in Karmic

Tommy Hjalmarsson tommy.h at bredband.net
Sat Nov 14 23:31:52 GMT 2009

Ricardo Lameiro wrote:
> I am not shure, but i think that the problem is your disk and not
> ubuntu. I dont have problems with my ubuntustudio karmic sleeping. I
> use ext3.
>
> 2009/11/14 Robin Darlington <robin.darlington at free.fr
> <mailto:robin.darlington at free.fr>>
>
>     Hi everyone,
>     After having Filesystem errors on my ext4 install of Ubuntu Studio
>     Karmic I have reinstalled using an ext3 file system.
>     While most of the time my system seems to work fine now, when ever
>     I use the sleep function I get serious Filesystem errors ( I can't
>     boot and have to run fsck from a recovery shell ).
>     Doe's anyone know why this is and / or how to fix it?
>
>     Many thanks for your time,
>     Robin
>
>     --

> Fagote / Contrafagote
> Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
> http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro
Is it?
Hibernation may be unavailable with automatic partitioning
The default partitioning recipe in the installer will in some cases
allocate a swap partition that is smaller than the physical memory in
the system. This will prevent the use of hibernation (suspend-to-disk)
because the system image will not fit in the swap partition. If you
intend to use hibernation with your system, you should ensure that the
swap partition's size is at least as large as the system's physical RAM.

From:http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/910

/Tommy Hjalmarsson