camrecorder DV and karmic

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:43:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:44 AM, laurent.bellegarde <
laurent.bellegarde at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The lprod.org team is now testing hardly Ubuntu Studio Karmic before an
> official presentation to the public, saturday, November 28 in Paris (1h
> face to public, TV cameras, radios), in the sciences's city.
>
> The kernel RT and the music software are working fine, but we are
> thinking there is a large trouble in UBS 9.10 with the DV connection to
> a camrecorder DV.
>
> With severals camrecoders DV knowed to work in DV via a firewire card
> integrated or another laptop with a firewire expresscard controller
> under hardy UBS (production) and jaunty UBS for testing, we discover
> that even after controls, editing system files, and groups/permissions
> changes, it seems to be impossible to detect the camera. Dvgrab in
> terminal still always says : no camera...
>
> Is there a major bug in karmic ?
>
> raw1394, ohci1394, ieee1394 have been probed and permissions controlled,
> even video1394, and dv1394 (old and deprecated). Audio, video and disk
> group have been probed too. None are working.
>
> Any "good "ideas" are welcomed !!!
>
> Bye,
>
> Laurent,
> lprod.org
> France

Laurent

What errors are you seeing?  In /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules do
you see a line that contains "raw1394" ?

- Eric Hedekar
Vice President of Vancouver Pro Musica Society
  http://www.vancouverpromusica.ca
Ubuntu Studio Developer
  http://www.ubuntustudio.org
Web Designer & Audio Artist