File system errors - Ext4 ?

Robin Darlington robin.darlington at free.fr
Thu Nov 5 16:38:22 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,
I am running a fresh install of Ubuntu Studio Karmic and I have now
experienced filesystem errors twice.
The first time I put my computer to sleep and upon waking up it would not
accept my password (not due to keyboard layout : i checked by typing it in
username field) so I restarted and then  I had to run fsck manually to fix
the Filesystem errors. The seccond time I was trying to install some
software in the terminal via sudo apt-get and the sudo was just getting
ignored. So i restarted and once again had to run fsck in order for my
system to boot. I installed with a ext4 filesystem.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here? and how to fix it?
Has this happened to anybody else? Could it be to do with the fact that I am
using to tweak ubuntu <http://ubuntu-tweak.com/>  to install third party
software (Opera, VirtualBox, Code Blocks etc.) ?

Thank you for your time,
Robin