decent 7.1 surround card?

Yvan Vander Sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Tue May 26 10:53:51 BST 2009

Could anyone recommend a good 7.1 surround card that works with the
latest Ubuntu? I would need a nearly professional card to do concerts
with.

I am mostly familiar with M-audio and Terratec, but none of those are
selling 7.1 cards for the moment. I even have an X-FI, but the driver
for that one does not work very good and is limited to stereo.

Every time i find an article on google about a 7.1 card that's
supposed to be interesting, it's either not supported on linux or not
available anymore.

Anyone who bought a good card recently?

Regards,

yvan

--
Copyright only exists in the imagination of those who do not have any.