Echo Audiofire 4 and Ubuntu Studio Jaunty Beta

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:07:48 BST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:53 AM, Asmo Koskinen <asmo.koskinen at arkki.info>wrote:

> [I posted this same to the ffado-users list...]
>
> Echo Audiofire 4 and Ubuntu Studio Jaunty Beta
>
> http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/StepByStepUbuntuStudio8.10RT
> ----
>
> Well, I have to ask one mo' time, because this is what I get...
>
> Is there something that I should know or do?
>
> ----
> root at ubuntu-studio:~# /usr/bin/jackd -R -P70 -dfirewire -r44100 -p256 -n3
> no message buffer overruns
> jackd 0.116.1
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
>
> JACK compiled with System V SHM support.
> 01681312449:  (ffado.cpp)[  92] ffado_streaming_init: libffado 1.999.40-
> built Feb 24 2009 00:53:39
> firewire ERR: Error creating FFADO streaming device
> cannot load driver module firewire
> no message buffer overruns
> root at ubuntu-studio:~#
> ----

Hmm, try creating a file in /etc/udev/rules.d/  named 60-raw1394.rules open
that, and add the following line:
#KERNEL=="raw1394",             GROUP="audio"
save & close.  I think you need to log out & back in to get these rules to
apply, but a restart might be a good idea.  Make sure you're a member of the
audio group.

-Eric