Sound card not recognized

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 28 20:06:56 GMT 2009

Susan Cragin wrote:
> My drivers have worked great on Studio until a day or so ago.

You know what also happened? Updates. ;) Things like kernel updates
happen that will make you rebase you compiled drivers aginst these new
changes. Make sure you have latest kernel headers and all that.

Also just watch what you call a bug when you're not using the distro as
designed. More often that not, it's user error.  I can't tell you how
many times even now I personally just missed something.

If you are completely up to date (note that you have to make sure you
have all current headers and such installed. don't just rely on the
update manager) and you purged then re-compiled drivers still don't
work, hopefully we can get you some help and see if this really is a bug.

-Cory K.