pmidi multiple ports

Yvan Vander Sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Mon Mar 23 14:19:11 GMT 2009

Hi.

I understand that with pmidi it should be possible to play a file with
tracks for multiple midi ports:

pmidi -p 20:0,20:1,20:2,20:3 filename.mid

for example. But i can't figure out how to specify the port
information in my midifile in a way pmidi understands.

First i tried with rosegarden, but it seems to forget the port
numbering if i save as midi file. SEQ24 does remember the port
settings, but pmidi still plays everything on port one. Some help
would be very welcome, if someone has struggled with this before.

What i need to do is find a way to play multiple midi files at the
same time, and react very quickly to actions on stage. That's why a
console with pmidi seems the fastest way. A sequenser is not flexible
enough, and playing multiport midifiles from pure data does not seem
to work like expected.

Regards,

yvan

--
Copyright only exists in the imagination of those who do not have any.