Jaunty -RT testing

sandie sandie at sandgreen.dk
Sat Mar 14 15:36:23 GMT 2009

Cory K. wrote:
> As of now everything has hit the archive to use -RT. Please test on
> whatever kind of system you have.
>
> I currently have -RT running on 32/64bit w/nVidia and Intel GFX. Any
> feedback is great, especially from ATI users.
>

> -Cory K.

I have tested both Jaunty-desktop and Ubustu-9.04-Alpha6 on my pc :

Athlon 64 X2 5000+
ASUS M2N68
4 Gb Ram
Samsung 200 Gb HD
ATI Radeon HD 4830 512 MB PCIe

Jaunty didnt get very far, it complained about a "Firmware bug...
ACPI...Powernow k8" (sorry I dont have the complete message, it went
past so quickly) and then gave me a ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ and nothing else.

Ubuntustudio got a little further, I did see the same "Firmware bug" but
all looked fine until the instalation was complete and I rebooted, then
I got a grub error 2 (tried two times with same result).

btw. both where 32bit installs, (I never use 64bit because of problems
with things like wine and java).

/Sandie