Jaunty -RT testing

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:25:20 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Eric Hedekar <afterthebeep at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Cory K. wrote:
>> > Are you running Compiz?
>> Nevermind. I see you are. /This/ could very well be the cause of your
>> issues on -rt because of drivers. Which, we're still working on a couple
>> of issues.
>>
>> I'd like to ask you to run the same tests with effects off. Also, how
>> much RAM do you have?
>>

>> -Cory K.
>>
>> I turned Compiz off and have yet to see a freeze so far (just a short test
> of audio) - that may have been the issue.
> As noted previously (in my hardware specs) I have 2gig of ram.
>
> -Eric

I'd like to give a quick update on my experience with 2.6.28-2-rt.  I have
yet to be able to sucsessfully "log out" of my gnome session without a
freeze.  I haven't tried many times, because freezes are annoying - but as
of last check, it's an issue.  I also have found both jaunty generic and
jaunty rt to be more stable for audio than intrepid's rt kernel.  I'm glad
to have read somewhere[1] that upstream development has caught some time
from both Thomas Gleixner and Ingo Molnar.

[1.] http://lwn.net/Articles/319544/

-Eric