Jaunty -RT testing

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:18:39 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Eric Hedekar wrote:
> > <snip>
>
> Really, it sucks, but everything you've posted I've also seen with
> -generic. :( (minus the audio results)
> <snip>
>  -Cory K.

I should add that I have not experienced a single freeze with the
vanilla/generic since installing a month ago.  I was also able to run jackd
in realtime (but have not done much comprehensive testing) with generic
though with more frequent XRuns.  The freezing on this machine has been
limited to the rt kernel.  This might possibly be explained that the generic
I run is 2.6.28-8 whereas the rt is 2.6.28-2 (as is the case with most
jaunty users).

-Eric