Audio sound effects

Seattle Chaz seattlechaz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:07:32 GMT 2009

Greetings All:

I'm a Studio noob.  I loaded it a few days ago and haven't gotten much further than the eye candy which, it must be said, is beautiful.  I would like to:

Record voice audio files (mp3?)

Add short sound fx clips &

Apply some sound fx such as reverb, echo, voice alteration - you know, all of that kidnapper voice masking over the telephone stuff.

So, how do I approach this?  My ultimate goal is to podcast a series of interviews.  If some kind soul could at least identify the tools I would need, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you.