Will jaunty have an rt kernel?

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 5 13:07:00 GMT 2009

wayne wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 07:37 -0500, Cory K. wrote:
>
>> Alfons Verreijt wrote:
>>
>>> Will jaunty have an rt kernel?
>>> Can I upgrade from hardy, or is a clean install recommended?
>>>
>> We're still working out -rt. It's more of a pain then you guys know.
>> It's gonna come down to the wire.
>>

> thanks for answering the question everyone is dying to know ;)  is there
> a deadline as to when this decision will be made?  maybe the Jaunty
> feature freeze date?

(Please don't top-post)

It doesn't come down to any "decision". It comes down to *if* it can be
done. It's one thing to build a -rt kernel locally against vanilla. It's
quite another to build it against the Ubuntu kernel, make sure it works
with all the GFX drivers and finally, works for all.

As far as a time-frame, we have none. If we can get it together it will
go in. So once we know you guys will. ;)

-Cory K.