Where is the music made in Linux?

Phil windermere at magnustudios.com
Sun Jul 26 15:11:52 BST 2009

I've actually been thinking about creating a website exactly like what
you're looking for. Would there be interest in this?

What I'm seeing is a community-driven site where people can upload their
stuff, and can discuss, rate, categorize, critique others' work. Open to all
so long as the music is made with FOSS.

Just throwing out some other ideas I was thinking of maybe having the option
to only let people download a sample and then charge to let people hear the
whole thing. Maybe for that option have a base price for setting that option
and then the uploader can mark up to whatever they wish. Maybe also have the
option to just download a sample and then link to where the user could buy
the track.

Is there interest in this? I can do it, but I can do it a lot faster if I
know people might use it.

Philip Schleihauf
Unicycling across Canada for Invisible Children:
http://unicycleacrosscanada.ca