kernel 2.6.29.5-2-rt seems to not recognize my soundcard

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 7 03:25:03 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 12:11:43PM EST, Susan Cragin wrote:
> My soundcard is the indigoiox. It doesn't seem to be working properly, but I just bought it yesterday so it never has worked for me.
>
> Here's what I did. I downloaded and installed the 5-2 kernel from the repository, and rebooted.
>
> The card didn't work. It couldn't find the mixer.
>
> So I tried the workaround in Ubuntu sound problems, i.e. the following:

> sudo apt-get --purge remove linux-sound-base alsa-base alsa-utils alsa-source pulseaudio
> sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r) module-assistant alsa-source
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure alsa-source
> sudo module-assistant a-i   alsa-source
> reboot
>
> That didn't work either.

Looking at the module info for the card driver, I see:
firmware:       ea/indigo_iox_dsp.fw
firmware:       ea/loader_dsp.fw

You will have to fetch alsa-firmware from the medibuntu repos, and install it. If they don't have 1.0.20 available, you will need to download it from the alsa site and build it yourself.

Happy to help further should you need it.

Luke