setting initial screen resolution

mboracci mboracci at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:20:38 GMT 2009

hey friends,

yes i am a newbie.

I have had a real problem getting my initial screen resolution set and
unless i start the machine with a different monitor and then switch after
studio starts i can't see anything. the monitor is not being recognized. i
need to force a resolution. any ideas?

And while taking out dual head card to check whether the on-board intel chip
would be better i notice a lot of dust in the cpu heatsink. while removing
the fan the cpu fell out and is stuck to the heatsink like nothing i have
ever seen. so i am fixing that also. cant put it back in because it uses a
zif socket and the lever cant be up with that giant heatsink in the way.
what a quandry

Mike