netbooks etc

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:40:41 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I think most really don't know the HP that's needed to effectively run
> JACK/Ardour. Not to mention the reportedly *terrible* soundcards in
> these things.
>
> What is the expectation of performance when using one of these netbooks
> for recording and what kind of session do you want to do? Multi-track?
> What screensize do you have?

Cory, my understanding from Kim's original post was that the box would be
used for playback of a multi-track ardour session while baudline visuals
project.  I'd say that's entirely possible with that horsepower.  But you've
proven me wrong on issues many times before... The specs just seem
relatively similar to my old Compaq Presario I use as my primary workstation
- slightly lower clock speed and smaller harddrive but that's about it.

-Eric