Pulse ?

sandie sandie at sandgreen.dk
Mon Jan 26 22:04:11 GMT 2009

Cory K. wrote:

> Pulse already shuts off so JACK can start now. As for the WINE part, I
> have no clue. I don't use it.

I do :-) and I seriously dont think I'm the only one ?
> In the end, there are *MANY* things that can be done so that things run
> smoother for all. Even is they are done by the user later, we can make
> it easier. Getting involved with Ubuntu Studio Controls
> (https://launchpad.net/ubuntustudio-controls) is one place. Our
> resources are so finite it's crazy. You guys just don't know how thin we
> are stretched. For things to really get better we need more users to
> turn developers. Nobody wants to hear it but it's true. I was one.
> Khashayar is our most recent.

I have nothing but respect for UbuntuStudio, it has been my main os
since Feisty. I try out other distros once in a while, just to learn
something new, and none of them comes close to the level of perfection
that UbuntuStudio has.

I wish I could do more to help, but theres a long way from making a
simple script to actualy develop something usefull. I know a little
Pascal, and have tried to learn things like C+, but my head hurts when I
try to wrap my brain around it, even compiling a new kernel leaves me
baffled :-)

As I mentioned before, I don't hate Pulse, I just cant use it in its
current state, and althou it might be a "quick fix", I see a
Pulse-on/off script/program as a temporarely solution so more will be
able to use UbuntuStudio.

/Sandie