Pulse ?

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 26 01:14:50 GMT 2009

Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Cory has pointed out later on in this thread, that the core-devs do not
> want the jackd-plugin in pulse, because jackd is not in main - they
> don't want to cope with that, *because they do not care for audio-users,*
> I'd say. The UBS-team should not accept such politics lightly...

Not /really/ accurate. I never said anything about the core-devs. :)
JACK was in Main at one point but was demoted. (I'll try to get the
exact reason later) But there are lots of people (besides audio users)
that would like to see JACK back in Main. It's just gonna take some work
but is on our radar for this (Jaunty) release.

It should also be noted that using the Pulse-JACK plugin just adds
latency and that hard-core users will just use JACK. The plugin will
help new/casual users and people who want PA/JACK apps to talk to each
other.

-Cory K.