Help - I cannot see other Ubuntu computers on my network from Intrepid

aYo Binitie ayobinitie at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:41:27 GMT 2009

Oh I had already done that before I posted the Help request. Thats the
only was Samba works for me so I've resigned myself to that. Foe some
strange reason to day was the first time I tried to access a folder on
another machine I have running Hardy. smb://192.168.1.64 which is the
machines IP on the Network draws a blank. However I can see the
Intrepids machine's files from the Hardy machine with out any problems
at all. I have seen a few posts on Google about Intrepid machines not
seeing other Ubuntu machines but there does not seem to be a solution.
I see my Windows machines fine.