The future of backporting

Khashayar Naderehvandi khashayar.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:23:26 GMT 2009

Dear all,

I have joined the Studio -dev team in the hope that I will eventually
become a dedicated backporter of core Ubuntu Studio applications. If
all goes well, I will make sure that the latest upstream releases of
these applications are packaged for the current development branch of
Ubuntu, and that some of them are backported to the released and
supported branches (namely hardy and intrepid at the moment).

On our next meeting, one of the topics will be precisely this: Which
applications are most important to have backported.

With this email, I would like to ask the community for your input.
Which packages matter? Which packages would you like to see
backported? Which packages do you *need* to see backported? Are there
any packages that you altogether miss from the archives? Is there
anything else you'd like to comment on related to packaging?

Please reply as soon as you can.

All the best,
Khashayar