UBUNTU Studio 64bit or 32bit rt

suemac at empire.net suemac at empire.net
Thu Jan 8 14:10:50 GMT 2009

Hi All,

Just curious here.

I currently have the 64bit version of Ubuntu Studio 8.10 loaded on my
laptop.

Jack gets XRUNs regularly with freebob. No other apps running just freebob
connected to my FP10.

I don't remember this being the case with 8.04 and the rt kernel.

Since I haven't heard anything about an rt version of 8.10 (will there also
be a delay with 64bit rt?) on the horizon...

- Is it possible to eliminate the XRUNs in the 64bit version without rt
kernel?

- If I want to do live recording should I just go back to 8.04?

Different issue:

- Does anyone know how to get the on board sound devices to show up in
Jack, WHILE freebob is in use? (After much research in the forums, getting
no response from either the JACK or Pulseaudio forums/irc channels, and
lots of tinkering I've been unable to find the secret...if it exists.)

- Is there a way to configure the JACK freebob settings for low latency and
no XRUNs.

Thanks,
Mac