Joining the Studio-dev team (dedicated backporter)

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 3 21:45:48 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Khashayar Naderehvandi
<khashayar.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Khashayar Naderehvandi wrote:

>>> Yes, I am :-)
>>> But, I'm really serious when I say these are my first attempts at
>>> packaging. So I will probably get stuck with things others wouldn't...
>>>

>> It's ok. We all gotta start somewhere and the Studio team knew next to
>> nothing when it started. ;)
>>
> That's nice to hear, especially considering the accomplishments of the team.

Welcome to the team Khashayar. (and thanks):)

>> So as long as you're "really serious" about learning and being part of
>> the team we'd love to have your help.
>>
>> The position would be making sure key packages are up-to-date in the
>> development repo and getting them backported.
>>
>> This will mean becoming part of 3 teams in the end. Ubuntu Studio, MOTU
>> and backports team. Sounds harder than it it. Just takes the desire.
>>
> Alright, so there's obviously some stuff I need to get into (apart
> from irc ;). I've skimmed through these pages, and will read them more
> carefully later:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1720696
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing
>
> I'm not exactly sure what the next step will be, but I'm sure I'll
> find out after reading some.

In all Ubuntu IRC channels we are always very happy to help. So please
always ask any doubts you have, it's the best way to start joining the
community and getting to know people by small help or working together
to get something done.

I hope I see you soon in our #ubuntustudio-devel channel, and have a
more placid real time conversation. :)

Luis de Bethencourt

>>> See, here's another thing I know nothing about! I've never used irc
>>> before. I'll turn up in #ubuntustudio-devel one of these days when I
>>> get the hang of how things work :-)
>>
>> Pidgin can do it rather easily. There are many HOWTOs online.
>>
> Great, I'll use pidgin and stop by the channel someday soon. Probably
> tomorrow evening.
>
>> -Cory K.
>>
> K.

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá