Future Ubuntu Studio design guideline and Jaunty/+1 idea

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 00:33:16 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> So. After careful thought, I've decided that Ubuntu Studio releases will
> keep it's design for 2 releases. While I might add a wallpaper, it will
> stick with the current feel. Bug-fixes will happen as well. I've done
> this with Hardy->Intrepid already, I'm just makin' it official from now
> on. While this will be a bummer to some, I must frankly say, they aren't
> the ones doin' the work. ;)
>
> Ok, now for the Jaunty/+1 idea.
>
> I'm *thinkin'* of droppin' the #009bf9 blue and adopting the mainline
> Ubuntu colors. I'd still use our dark theme, just use orange instead of
> blue. Human icon set. The idea is to just look a *little* more Ubuntu.
> :) Just an idea.
>
> Thoughts?

I realize that this is an old thread; so just fwiw:

I was browsing gnome-look today, and found an ubuntu-studio theme knockoff
that, to me, seems to be exactly what your describing.

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Human+Studio?content=59032

Great ratings, and it looks great.

--
Christopher Stamper