Kdenlive in Jaunty studio?

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 24 21:23:52 GMT 2009

laurent.bellegarde wrote:
> sjs sjs a écrit :
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> For many years I have wanted to do video editing on Linux. I have
>> struggled with Avidmux, wished Kino would do more, and watched
>> Cinelerra crash repeatedly.
>>
>> (I realise that this is only my personal perspective, and some people
>> have miraculously been able to use those tools. But for me video
>> editing has had to be done on my aging Mac.)
>>
>> However with the new Kdenlive I find a editor that has a decent amount
>> of functionality, a usable interface and acceptable stability!
>>
>> Hurrah!
>>
>> The new 0.7 version is going to be in Jaunty, so how about it? Can you
>> stick it in Ubuntu Studio?
>>
>> http://www.kdenlive.org/
>>

> Hi, i've already ask for jaunty, intrepid and hardy inclusion. We are
> waiting now.

Currently, the Studio devs are not looking to include KDEnlive in any
future versions of Studio.

As we have been looking for something that really caters to
professionals, (other projects are too young at this point) we are
looking at Blender. Which for the folks who didn't know, is one hell of
a video editor. We will have a testing .deb soon that launches Blender
with a custom UI for video editing.

When and *if* Lumera (always spell that wrong) comes out, we will look
at that. But for now, take a look at Blender. It will surprise you.

-Cory K.