M-Audio fast track ultra

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Fri Feb 20 06:17:04 GMT 2009

V Gabriele De Palo a écrit :
> laurent.bellegarde ha scritto:
>

>> Roger Sánchez a écrit :
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> i'm new here. It's possible to run M-audio Fast track ultra in Linux?
>>> I've seached in the www but i haven't found any solution.
>>>

>>> Sorry for my poor english,
>>> Roger
>>>

>> Hi Roger,
>>
>> the M audio Fast track is know as good under GNU/Linux, and in general
>> all M audio products which are mainly Linux compliant, so i think that's ok.
>>
>> Laurent
>>

> Hi, maybe i'm the spupid one, cause i'm still tryng to use my fast track
> ultra.
> some one said that this card doesn't usb compliant, i'm still using it
> with Winxpzxywkhyxzwista
> what kind SO GNU/Linux do u use?
> oppps ... sorry for my english

Hi,

no one is stupid ! The stupid one is the one who never ask anything.

in you are under ubuntu studio, your computer have alsa, linux audio
driver loaded at boot.

when the desktop is loaded, open a terminal with
applications/accessories/terminal, put it in fullscreen mode.

plug your m audio fast track ultra usb into a usb port. have a look to
the sound card, leds are ok ?

in the terminal, use the

lsusb

command to list the usb devices.

in my computer, it's like that

laurent at laurent-laptop:~$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0bda:0116 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04f2:b012 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:c00f Logitech, Inc.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0ccd:0028 TerraTec Electronic GmbH
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

the line TerraTec is my external usb sound card.

second time, do you have an internal audio card ? to know it, another
command,

lspci | grep Audio

or

lspci | grep audio

or

lspci

is this card is running ?

then, alsa sound card list with

laurent at laurent-laptop:~$ asoundconf list
Names of available sound cards:
SIS966
Audio

here, two card, the internal sis966 and the terratec external usb2,
called Audio.

for GNU/Linux, the first of the list is called hw:0 and the second is hw:1

launch jack control, in setup, choose the good card, modifiy
frame/periode to get a good latency, under 10ms.
start jack, no xruns, that's good.

now you can discover ardour/rosegarden/hydrogen, etc...

Let know us if this sound card is ok.

Bye,

Laurent