video people: freemix 0.2beta is out :)

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Tue Feb 10 20:03:22 GMT 2009

Luis de Bethencourt a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:46 PM, laurent.bellegarde
> <laurent.bellegarde at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> laurent.bellegarde a écrit :

>> tested under UBS hardy 64,
>>
>> install ok
>>
>> but at start up, something wicked :
>>
>> -------------------------
>> laurent at laurent-laptop:/media/sauve/mon_ubuntu/sources/freemix$ freemix
>> python: can't open file 'src/freemix.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
>> directory
>> -------------------------
>>
>> I think, the trouble is coming from python-object which is 2.14.2 in hardy.
>>
>> freemix
>>    is a free live video editing software, thought for and made
>>    by live video artists.
>>
>> The following are needed to run:
>>   - python
>>   - python-gtk2
>>   - pygobject  2.16
>>   - gstreamer-0.10
>>   - gstreamer-0.10-plugins-base
>>   - gstreamer-0.10-plugins-good
>>   - python-gst0.10
>>
>> hope it helps
>>
>> Laurent
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing lis
>> Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>>

> Ooops. Thanks for letting me know about this.
>
> A friend made the setup.py and made a small error. It should be fixed
> and the tarball in the website is updated. Please confirm that after
> doing:
> sudo ./setup.py install
> freemix
>
> It loads correctly.
>
> Luis
hi,

tarball's install : ok

launching seems to be ok now but another error, maybe the hardy's one :

laurent at laurent-laptop:/media/sauve/mon_ubuntu/sources/freemix$ freemix
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/freemix", line 33, in <module>
    from gui import Gui
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gui.py", line 26, in <module>
    import gio
ImportError: No module named gio

Bye, ready for anothers tests...

Laurent