Help! USB Midi On ThinkPad .. lost!

Jean Paul Lagarde dellaseppes at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:15:13 GMT 2009

Hey guys,

I´m running Studio on a thinkpad t30 and using a Casio Ctk-3000 keyboard that has a usb midi interface.

I can see the midi device in Jack, I connect them together (i´m assuming thatś what I´m supposed to do, and then I run jack) seems to work fine. Then to test the midi device ... I open rose garden. Rose garden then tells me I have an error ¨system timer resolution too low¨ rosegarden was unable to find a high resolution timing source for MIDI performance. It then suggests sudo modprobe snd-rtctimer"in the terminal window and then it says it can´t find the rtctimer.

I then read something in the threads about usb issues with studio? This is a usb 1.0 computer. Someone suggested pcmcia? is that pcmcia usb? this keyboard only has usb outs.

Iḿ assuming rosegarden will not pickup any inputs from hte keyboard because of this issue? I set track 1 to the external midi device, it knew it was set to ǵrand piano´ but when I record, no notes are recorded ...

Totally lost here.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

JP