PPA report & questions

suemac at empire.net suemac at empire.net
Mon Feb 2 12:34:31 GMT 2009

Understood, probably no more risk (maybe less) than attempting to build
them from source myself... :-)

>> Questions though:
>>
>> - The guys over on Jack irc say alsa_in and alsa_out should be with the
>> latest Jack. I can't find them...
>>
>I'm not sure about this.
>To minimize the risk of having broken packages, I try to follow the
>packaging done in the current development release of Ubuntu, as far as
>possible. That means that the jack packages in the hardy section of my
>ppa basically are built the same way jack in jaunty is, with
>additional libffado support. Do you know if there are additional
>dependencies needed to get alsa_in and alsa_out? I might consider
>adding them to the package.

I originally was going to build it from source, and was told to get it to
build alsa_in/out I needed the
libsamplerate.

But, I don't think that answers your question...

>> - What do I need to install to get Audacity to use Jack. Again, I was led
>> to believe it came with the latest Audacity.
>>

>Audacity should work with jack through portaudio. Make sure jackd is
>running before you fire up audacity. At least it works here.

Ok, I'll have a try, I was looking for an output plugin in Audacity pref's
called jack. I'll check if I have a portaudio selection.