[LAU] presonus firepod problems

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 02:55:53 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Harmut! A few questions:
>
> - so the blue light will not turn blue again until jack is running with
> freebob?
> - should /dev/raw1394 appear as soon as I turn it on/plug it in? ( It's not
> doing that, though it appears if I modprobe raw1394 )
> - is the firewire driver freebob or FFADO?
> - where is this ub

-Yes, the light will not turn blue until the Firepod is connected to JACK.
-/dev/raw1394 SHOULD appear as soon as you turn the Firepod on.  If it does
not, then something has gone awry.
-The 'firewire' drive is FFADO.  Freebob is. . . well, freebob.
-Not sure exactly what your last question is, but if you were going to ask
where Studio Controls is, then it should be under System > Administration.

--
-Brian David