Ubuntu-Studio-users Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1

Brian King baking666 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 08:43:47 GMT 2009

> I started off with Audacity, which is very nice, which led me to the
> exciting world of JACK. I'll stick with that until JACK is sorted out I
> think!

jack isn't the problem...the rt kernel is.
ubuntu's efforts to get rt kernel working in realtime mode just isn't there
yet :-(
i use debian with custom built kernel and it works sweet...ubuntu just
hasn't got the right mix for maximum desktop performance and rt yet :-(

Brian King
baking666 at gmail.com

Happily using Linux, Drinking fine beer, Listening to great NZ music...Kiwi
102.2FM/95BFM and a number of online sources eg: Jamendo
Helensville, New Zealand.