Alternatives to using JACK

Chris Reisor creisor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:49:34 GMT 2009

Audacity can work in a non-Jack mode and it's an excellent piece of
software.  But without Jack, you're seriously limiting yourself since
most developers are going to want to use Jack when developing new and
existing projects.

Perhaps a better (albeit more difficult) option would be to work out
your problems with regards to getting Jack working on your system.
Build your system, get it working, and write down each step you took.
Then tear down your system, build it again, and apply your steps.

If you can get the process broken down into some kind of checklist,
then you can most likely automate it with a Bash script or something.