Laptop and sound card for ubuntu studio

sh0099 sh0099 at gmx.de
Mon Aug 31 20:53:44 BST 2009

firewire for a soundcard is not bad (or even good) when:
fw-shipset is right (texas instruments for example)
and no irq sharing between fw-shipset and for example graphiccard
i had problems with both at my old dell d600 ... so i only got a stable
jack-latency at 128 *3 samples, i never got lower with my usb card
(m-audio duo).