PCI / PCIe / USB or whatever?

Kiernan Holland rofthorax at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:05:58 BST 2009

Cool.. I got an ultra cheap USB baord off ebay, and was wondering about
this, seems it isn't supported:

C-Media  CMI6206

They are selling on ebay for about 20 dollars, but would be one heck of a
sound device if it was supported.  It has mic in, spdif in, spdif out, line
in, front out, rear out, and Bass out. (sounds like 4.1), though they claim
it is a 7.1 . Alsa sees it but doesn't seem to know enough to give it the
right controls.