Ubuntu Studio Art Manager

Kiernan Holland rofthorax at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:58:25 BST 2009

> Hi Kiernan,
>
> I'm glad to see you're interested in helping.  Just for your (and everyone
> else's) knowledge, the entire Ubuntu Studio official graphics (and
> everything else that makes Ubuntu Studio what it is) is located at
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntustudio-dev>for everyone's perusal.  Specifically you'll find the ubuntustudio-look
> package here too:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio-look/UbuntuStudio<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntustudio-dev/ubuntustudio-look/UbuntuStudio>
>
> Feel free to create a bzr branch of your own modifications to that package
> at anytime, then a merge can be proposed and possibly approved to get your
> changes into the official set.  Hope that helps clarify things.

This is not suitable..

It's something like a RCS (revision control system), do you have a way of
packaging and delivering something that is simpler?

I was figuring something more like a folder, broken into subfolders, for
graphics and sounds. Or a zip file with the subfolders contained, so that
themes could be changed just by loading a different zip file.

I mean, this stuff can be done with images and javascript on web pages. You
can't expect users to connect to an RCS, download packages and code C source
files with embedded bitmaps and compile the results to be included into the
GUI. It will never get done.

Or did I miss the point? Is there an easier way?

 - Eric Hedekar

[about me]: chann3lz  bl3nder rofthorax-youtube
[free stuff]: ubuntu  portableapps  winehq virtualbox  ubuntu-studio
 blender3d gimp mythtv
[interests]: cloudcomputing electronics programming simplification
3d-animation music pc-games art