Robenson Narcisse wants to share approved contacts on Boxbe

David Stephens linuxrootuser at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 13:53:53 BST 2009

The mere thought of giving someone or some server my passwords for E-mail
makes me cringe. In addition I am now getting E-mail from this forum flagged
as SPAM which means I have to go through my SPAM folders

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 7:33 AM, mac <suemac at empire.net> wrote:

> It very simple to avoid this, at least on FB, just click the "no don't
> look at my mail box" button.
>
> Mac
>
> On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 12:02 +0100, Viktor Mastoridis wrote:
> > Yes and no.
> > Someone registers for a social networking site,  then one lets that
> > social networking site search his google/gmail/whatever contacts
> > (givng them username/pw for that account), then the robots just send
> > an email to every possible email address they find.
> >
> > I was going to do the same with Facebook, but now seeing the
> > consequences, I refrain myself from that...
> >
> > VM
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:32 AM, bart deruyter
> > <bart.deruyter at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         I think so.
> >
> >         http://www.bartart3d.be/
> >

> >         On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Kiernan Holland
> >         <rofthorax at gmail.com> wrote:
> >                 is this spam?
> >

> >                 On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Robenson Narcisse
> >                 <invitations at boxbe.com> wrote:
> >

> >                         I'd like to share approved contacts with you
> >                         on Boxbe.
> >
> >                         -Robenson
> >
> >                         Here's the link:
> >

> https://www.boxbe.com/register?tc=316066153_730417272
> >

> >                         Please do not reply directly to this email.
> >                         This message was sent at the request of
> >                         narcity at gmail.com. Boxbe will not use your
> >                         email address for any other purpose.
> >
> >                         If you would prefer not to receive any further
> >                         invitations from Boxbe members, click here.
> >
> >                         Boxbe, Inc. | 2390 Chestnut Street #201 | San
> >                         Francisco, CA 94123
> >

> >                         --
> >

> >                 --
> >

> >         --

“When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step
into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things
shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you
will be taught how to fly.” -- Dr. Edward Teller