Help with M-Audio Delta 66 and ALSA

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Fri Aug 14 17:13:42 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 10:50 -0500, Brian David wrote:
> I don't see you referencing JACK at all in your description.  Are you
> using JACK?

How would I use JACK?  I'm not familiar with it.  Does it have a UI of
any kind?  Is there a HOWTO somewhere on using it?

The system in question is using Gentoo, not Ubuntu, and there's an
alsa-jack media plugin installed (although it's an old version and no
longer available as such, and may have been rolled into the alsa-utils
package).

> I've never needed to use envy24control, but I'm guessing that any
> sound going into envy24control should be capable of being routed via
> JACK into any other program.

I've not found envy24control particularly logical or useful, but it does
give me some idea of signals present on the card.

--
Lindsay Haisley       |"Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |   creativity is like   |      available at