Upgrading Jaunty to Studio?

Natalia Rakowski n_rakowski at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 19:17:26 BST 2009

Hello everyone -

I'm new to this list.  I've searched the archives for an answer, but did not find one.

I have a fresh install of Jaunty that I would like to update to Ubuntu Studio.  I was expecting to do a simple command line update like I have in the past, but the instructions seem to be more complicated for Jaunty:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation

For previous versions, the docs say to use the following command:

sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video linux-rt

Is it not possible to do an upgrade this way with Jaunty or have the docs not been updated?  The docs I'm looking at are here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/Installation

Any info is greatly appreciated!

-- Natalia