9.04 ??

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 27 17:20:49 BST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Thomas Fisher <thomasfisher at ak.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 April 2009 03:05:43 pm beejunk at gmail.com wrote:
>> On Apr 26, 2009 5:18pm, "Cory K." <coryisatm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > aYo Binitie wrote:
>> >

>> > It's not up to me anymore though I carry influence. Jaunty was my last
>> >
>> > release doing anything in a *official* capacity. I have other very
>> >
>> > important life matters to attend to for now.
>> >

>> > The project in a fragile state atm and people poppin' off because their
>> >
>> > frustrated won't solve anything. On the contrary, it could just make the
>> >
>> > remaining guys say "F**k it.".
>> >

>> > This release is the best we could make it. You don't like it, learn what
>> >
>> > you need to to make things better.
>> >

>> > -Cory K.
>>
>> Look, since we're on the subject of tone, I'm not sure why people on the
>> dev team here continue to waste their time being insulted. I mean, for
>> godssake, it's the internet. These things happen all the time.
>>
>> And for that matter, how do you even know that Mac's remarks were flippant?
>> There's a chance that the he/she's the most meager person ever, and if you
>> heard them say the same remarks in person then they would come across as
>> very humble. Maybe right this moment they feel bad because they realize
>> they're e-mail was taken the wrong way. EVERYONE knows that tone doesn't
>> translate on the interwebs. I thought everyone on the planet was over this
>> already?
>>
>> And to end my rant, you respond to the people who provide helpful
>> criticism, and you ignore the rest. Don't feed the trolls and all that. No
>> reason to ever be insulted by an e-mail.
>>
>> -Brian
> Matter of perspective?
>  It becomes very easy to loose sight of the entire Open Software development
> and the multitudes of contributions that were, are and will be essential for
> this overall OS phenomena to continue. As a frequent visitor to the LAU list
> it continues to add a breadth to the audio vision. The Debian contribution
> certainly enables much of the Ubuntu effort. The legal beagles certainly are
> handy. GNU almost gets lost in the huge contributions from all continents.
> The untold Artists, Authors, Documenters, etc. etc. etc.  Keeping up with
> what is happening in the Linux atmosphere becomes almost a full time task
> even with a good aggregator. The new Linux user coming from Mac or MS with a
> multitude of possible levels of skill. Seems like an impossible dream at one
> level, but having had the chance to see this all come about over the past 14
> years, What a wonderful thing this has become. I hope it will continue.
> Tom

Enough!

This is an open source project, you have downloaded Ubuntu Studio for
free with freedom. The only thing we ask in exchange is helpfulness,
good attitude and some gratitude would be nice. If you don't like it
and don't want to be positive/constructive about it, don't use it. I
will stay here, wondering where were you when we were calling for
testers a month ago.

I hope you don't treat the people that do you favors in the same way :P

For the constructive cool/awesome people in the mailing list... keep
up the vibe, thanks, I love you :) but please don't feed the trolls.
With that in mind, this is my only email in this thread.

Luis