Jaunty Real Time Kernel fails immediately

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 25 20:29:00 BST 2009

>Hey list,
>
>I'm sorry I don't have more information. There doesn't seem to be any
>log information generated. I can't find anything on Google. The real
>time kernel in Ubuntu Studio jaunty is failing immediately. It is
>puking a lot of characters, but I had a hard time seeing a coherent
>error message. If anyone can point me to a thread about this I would
>be appreciative. I haven't tried any kernel parameters yet.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kjel

It does the same for me and I will help if I can.
Also filed a bug with Ubuntu. #366352.
I eventually booted into Recover, dropped to the prompt with internet, and loaded the generic kernel.
sudo apt-get install linux
Then booted from that into Studio. Perhaps booting into RT and then re-booting into the generic one and reading the old log file?
I'll give it a go.
Sound had some problems under generic kernel. Have sound setting been changed? Alsa wrappers?
Susan