freemix in ubuntu studio

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 15 14:16:48 BST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:51 PM, laurent.bellegarde
<laurent.bellegarde at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> Let's talk about Freemix, Luis's software.
>
> Under UBS hardy 64, i've got an error know by developper like this :
>
> laurent at laurent-laptop:~$ freemix
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/freemix", line 33, in <module>
>    from gui import Gui
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gui.py", line 26, in <module>
>    import gio
> ImportError: No module named gio

Yes,

I've got sidetracked, but I plan to have the code check for gio
availability and then use it or not. If not use an other thumbnailer.

> I've tested the deb package of freemix under UBS Jaunty 32 this morning,
>
> the soft is launching correctly.
>
> Something still wrong, i can see several videos in the left window of
> the software, with the directories, Xvid, ogv, DV video are seen but the
> add button is grey lighted unavailable. I've tried a drag and drop to a
> video window in the right window, but none attach a video dragged...

You mean the file browser. Hmmm... so you can select those videos but
you cant add them? Can you send me a screenshot of that? Can you open
those files in totem (also gstreamer based)?

> Is someone succed to use this interesting software ?

I have done a bunch of gigs with it, and two talks about it :)

Luis