Jaunty RT testing

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 04:37:13 BST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> beejunk at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Apr 13, 2009 1:07pm, "Cory K." <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >> System->Admin->Ubuntu Studio Controls
> >

> > Believe me, I tried to use Studio Controls. Jaunty changed the
> > relevant permissions file from
> > /etc/udev/rules.d/40-basic-permissions.rules (which is, I believe, the
> > file that Studio Controls is editing) to
> > /lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules. When I selected the
> > appropriate box in Studio Controls to allow raw1394 permission, this
> > did not fix my problem. I had to use the solution I mentioned in the
> > earlier post. The original 40-basic-permissions.rules found in Ibex
> > and Hardy is not in Jaunty.
> >

> Please don't email me directly. ;)
>
> I'll have someone look at it. I seem to remember some changes that
> address what you said above. Maybe the changes didn't hit yet.
>

> -Cory K.

Oh, hey, I just remembered another small annoyance.

For whatever reason, the new version of JACK doesn't allow me to force quit
if JACK freezes (which is common when you're testing the settings)  Instead,
I need to restart X now in order to get JACK turned off after a freeze,
because I'm a noob and I'm not sure how to do it via command line.  It's not
a huge inconvenience, and I'm not even sure it's something the Ubuntu Studio
team can do anything about, but it would be nice if I could just force quit
JACK like the old days.

--
-Brian David