Help! Whole Audio System gone mad...[did the World change?]

Viktor Mastoridis viktor at mastoridis.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 00:16:23 BST 2009

Hi,

I've been using UbuntuStudio 8.04 (64bit) happily for a year now, really
solid and stable...

Today, came from a short holiday and installed the upgrades that were due. A
casual process, never had problems.

After the upgrade - jack would not start, the RME HDSP 9632  card had
disappeared (Sound Preferences says: Not Connected; jack doesn't show it in
the Setup...)

Here's a log of today's upgrade: http://mastoridis.org/upgrade.txt

Here are jack's messages: http://mastoridis.org/jack.txt

system Monitor reads: Kernel Linux 2.6.24-24-rt

Did the (Linux Audio) World change in 7 days? Am I missing something?

Help/explanation will be thankfully accepted.

Viktor Mastoridis